Saturday, June 16, 2007

BLOOK MOI, DANNO! aka NOT THE POULTRY PRIZE BUT...

The one prize I would love for my LIGHT to receive is

The Lulu Blooker Prize

which describes itself as "the world's first literary prize devoted to "blooks"--books based on blogs or other websites, including webcomics."

The 2007 winner is My War: Killing Time In Iraq by Colby Buzzell, and the 2006 winner (first year the contest was ran) is Julie and Julia by Julie Powell (I actually enjoyed Powell's efforts to cook every single recipe by Julia Child).

I didn't see any poetry entrants (though I only gave the site a quick look-see so I might have missed such). But this actually makes me more interested in competing here. It seems to me that a poetry winner, whether it's my blook or another poet's, would help draw attention to poetry. So then, Como no?

Well, let's see if senile Moi remembers this when it's time to submit entrants...

Labels: ,