Saturday, May 22, 2010

"FEROCIOUS FLOWERS"

I think I got that phrase from Andrew Joron who's one of the poets whose books I bought recently. Let us go then, you and I, and prevent the Double-Dip Recession by ... buying poetry books! Yeah!

So here's my latest Bought Poetry List--too paltry but I persevere with the battle to acquire Ferocious Flowers:


ALL THE WHISKEY IN HEAVEN: Selected Poems of Charles Bernstein

DIARY OF A WAVE OUTSIDE THE SEA by Dunya Mikhail (what a great title!)

THE WAR WORKS HARD by Dunya Mikhail

TRANCE ARCHIVES: NEW AND SELECTED POEMS by Andrew Joron

WOVEN STONE by Simon J. Ortiz

RADHA SAYS by Reetika Vazirani

THE GOD OF INDETERMINACY by Sandra McPherson

WAITING FOR SWEET BETTY by Clarence Major

GORGEOUS CHAOS: NEW & SELECTED POEMS 1965-2001 by Jack Marshall

***

Not at all ferocious is the latest flower-bounty from moi garden. I hope you enjoy their image as much as I do!



Yes, that's the brilliant German artist Sabine Dehnel with her photographed-sculpture "SKIRT" (C-Print mounted on plexiglass) hanging on the kitchen wall.

Yes, that's the brilliant U.S.-American artist Daniel Douke with a superrealist box painting-sculpture hanging on hallway wall.

Yes, that's Achilles in the background having lunch. Where I go, a dog go...!

Labels: , ,