Friday, February 16, 2007

MARSH HAWK PRESS SOARS
(AKA, MY BOOK WILL COST $750.00 EACH ... SERIOUSLY)


Finally, I have the chance to relish going over the new issue of Galatea Resurrects....there's this excerpt from Julie R. Enszer's review of Rochelle Ratner's BALANCING ACTS:

Balancing Acts has many special things happening in it. The final special thing that I noticed is not about Ratner’s text but about Marsh Hawk Press. Something special is happening there. I’ve read a number of their books over the past year, many through the auspices of reviewing here at Galatea Resurrects. They have gathered a highly creative and talented group of authors and are putting out beautiful and interesting and provocative books. Huzzah, huzzah!

Yep -- that's Moi Press. But of course I'm biased -- and partly because, this week, we set up my Fall 2007 book (The Light Sang As It Left Your Eyes) as, not only to be released in the usual paperback but as, a limited-edition hardback. Each hardback edition will be signed and include a one-of-a-kind work-on-paper by Moi. The prize for this limited-edition, cough, will be: $750.00 per copy. Obviously, book collectors and visual art markets (as well as the drinking market) are targeted as the general poetry market won't usually lend itself to this structure (heck, the usual poetry market can barely tolerate the $24.95 price on my Brick!). So, I HEART Marsh Hawk Press -- I'll still be alive when I get to see one of my books at the three-digit price (now, about the four-digit pri....wink).

More specialness: check out props from past winners of the Marsh Hawk Press Annual Poetry Prize -- though I don't like poetry contests, if one is to participate in that infrastructure, at least we're clean and nice. Meet us at the Book Fair at AWP for more contest details for this year (judged by no other than David Shapiro!!!!!!), or just check out our contest details here. Deadline is April 30, 2007.

Labels: