Saturday, February 10, 2007

NEW MONTHLY SERIES: ART FORUM PICK

I'm an Art Forum subscriber. Just for the heck of it, I've decided to blog my pick of best artwork in each monthly issue (subject to reproduction constraints). I came up with the idea after going through the current issue and, sigh, seeing just how much derivative stuff there is out there being hailed by art non-cognoscenti--those who look with their ears instead of their eyes. My pick encompasses all images in each issue, including ads (well, come to think of it, it feels like Art Forum's content is mostly ads). So, my inaugural pick:

Art Forum February Best Image: P. 88 -- Larry Poons (in an ad for his exhibit of "New Paintings" at Danese, Feb. 16.-Mar.17, 2007)

So there: if you listen with your ears, let Moi guide you. At least I know moi contemporary art!