Wednesday, February 07, 2007

MOI'S FRAGMENTED SELF

Just received my contributor's copies and January edition of FOURSQUARE, that fabulous publication edited/published by Jessica Smith! Totally love it! I haven't seen FOURSQUARE before as subscriptions were sold out; fortunately, I was able recently to subscribe. It's a fabulous hand-made, multidimensional way of offering poetry, complete with, for my issue, gold coins which you can unwrap to eat ... chocolate! Chocolate is gold! Yeah!

Anyway, here is the Vizpo image from which Jessica excerpted my contribution -- where the self is fragmented, not by poetry techniques, but by politics, dictatorship, diaspora and war:



Thanks again for the opportunity! I love these intimate gestures in poetry...And now: on to that golden chocolate!

Labels: