Thursday, February 01, 2007

LISTEN! THIS IS HISTORIC!!!

I have never done before what I am about to do.

I am about to identify for you, this early in the 21st century, what surely will be one of the defining literary moments of our 21st century time!!!!

A romp that extends modernism!

To wit, I was finishing up a review I was compelled to do on Mark Young's novella, the allegrezza ficcione. (I say "compelled" because I choose which books I review based solely on the works, rather than their authors even though I consider Mark a pal.) You will be able to read the entire review in the next issue of Galatea Resurrects, which will come out later this month. But I'm so excited over this discovery that I am going to give you a preview, by quoting the conclusion of the review:

The effects of blogging on literature are obviously still being written. Mark Young's the allegrezza ficcione is undisputably one which will reflect how history, poetry, science fiction and magical realism were alchemized into something differently-modern through the existence of poetry blogland and the internet. That's right -- you heard it here first: Mark Young's the allegrezza ficcione is historic and will come to be considered a 21st century classic. CHECK IT OUT HERE!!

This is not something I say lightly. Check it out, Peeps.