Thursday, January 04, 2007

YOGA CHOCOLATE POETICS

Aw yeah! Just got a card from Bino Realuyo expressing the wish that my year be filled with much sweetness. And it ain't a metaphor, Peeps. The poet sent, along with his card, a box of Godiva chocolates! Now that's what I'm talking about!

And of course it's logical that Bino's package is seamless between word and its materiality -- something that yoga would teach, and Bino is a new yogi. Matter of fact, I highly recommend BODY OF THE WORLD, Sam Taylor's debut poetry collection, for manifesting a oneness with the universe. I don't often see poems reflecting this notion so when I see it -- as I did in Taylor and as I do and marvel in Eric Gamalinda's poetry -- I notice.

Anyway, the chocolate in Moi mouth attests:

The year begins to release its sweetness...

Read me and swallow...!