Monday, January 01, 2007

A GREAT IDEA! -- BUT FOR TOI, NOT MOI!

Today, I wrote one poem. This led me to think of the following oooo-lip-yan for generating new poems:

New Year's Day: Write 1 poem
New Year's Second Day: Write 2 poems
New Year's Third Day: Write 3 poems


and so on until we get to

New Year's Last Day: Write 365 poems

for a total of [1+2+3+4...+365 poems = someone do the math for lazy Moi] poems!

In the old days -- as old as, uh, last year -- the minute I thought of that idea, I would have done it.

Today, this New Year, I thought of it and ... moued moiself a teensy yawn before concluding: Pass.

Does this mean I've become an old fart?

Naaaahhhh! Let's just call it Moi's Aching Back Poetics!

*****

It occurs to me, Jukka wouldn't require a calendar year to write that many poems. He could probably do it in 365 minutes!