Friday, June 21, 2013

"THE LinkedIn POETRY ALL-STARS"

is a list of poetry publications that I've read and loved/love (this list will be updated over time as I read and love what I read). I read poetry frequently and stylistically as widely as I can.


Why LinkedIn? After joining it this year, I realized I could use it as a forum for recommending (others') poetry. My choices mostly reflect poetry readings beginning in 2013, though if I recall a poetry book I read pre-2013 and loved, I'll add it on the list.

I am fortunate in having roles that expose me to much poetry (e.g. editing the most fun online poetry review, Galatea Resurrects, and I do try to read every single review copy sent, whether or not I review it). I hope my "LinkedIn Poetry All-Stars" (sorry but that title amuses Moi) will be another way for people to discover poetry that might not otherwise receive their attention.  That's really all I'm doing: paying attention and drawing attention to ...


LINKED-IN POETRY RECOMMENDATIONS:
Most publications are poetry collections, unless stated otherwise.

[UPDATE:  The list of LinkedIn Poetry Recommendations has been moved to http://linkedinpoetry.blogspot.com/  Please go to that link for all recommendations, which will be updated frequently.]



#18: THE HISTORY OF VIOLETS by Marosa Di Giorgio, Trans. By Jeannine Marie Pitas (Ugly Duckling Presse, Brooklyn, 2010)

#17: LARYNX GALAXY: PROSE POEMS by John Olson (Black Widow Press, 2012)

#16: THE MIDDLE ROOM, a poet's memoir by Jennifer Moxley (Subpress, 2007)

#15: CHINOISERIE by Karen Rigby (Ahsahta Press, 2012)

#14: MADNESS, RACK, AND HONEY: COLLECTED LECTURES (on poetry) by Mary Ruefle (Wave Books, 2012)

#13: FRIGHT CATALOG, poetry and visual poetry by Joseph Mosconi (Insert Blanc Press, 2013)

#12: RED WALLS by James Tolan (Dos Madres Press, 2011)

#11: AS IF IT FELL FROM THE SUN: AN ETHERDOME ANTHOLOGY: TEN YEARS OF WOMEN'S WRITING, Edited by Colleen Lookingbill & Elizabeth Robinson, featuring Merle Bachman, Faith Barrett, Margaret Butterfield, Erica Carpenter, Valerie Coulton, Caroline Crumpacker, Susanne Dyckman, Kelly Everding, Renata Ewing, Amanda Field, Kate Greenstreet, Anne Heide, Brydie MPherson Kuchi, Erica Lewis, Susan Manchester, Linda Norton, Roberta Olson, Megan Pruiett, Lisa Rappoport, Sarah Suzor, and Stacy Szymaszek (EtherDome Chapbooks / Instance, 2012)

#10: A THING AMONG THINGS: THE ART OF JASPER JOHNS (essays / art criticism / meditations which also reveal something about ars poetica) by John Yau (Distributed Arts Publishers, 2008)

#9: HAD SLAVES by Catherine Sasanov (Firewheel Editions, 2010)

#8: PEOPLE ARE STRANGE (short stories w/ poetry references) by Eric Gamalinda (Black Lawrence Press, 2012)

#7: THIRTY-FIVE NEW PAGES by Lev Rubinstein, note-card poems translated from Russian by Philip Metres and Tatiana Tulchinsky (Ugly Duckling Presse Eastern European Poetry Series No. 28, 2011)

#6: VARIATIONS ON PAINTING A ROOM: POEMS 2000-2010 by Alan Baker (Skysill Press, 2011)

#5: COUNTERPART by Elizabeth Robinson (Ahsahta Press, 2012)

#4: NEW ORLEANS VARIATIONS AND PARIS OUROBOROS by Paul Pines (Dos Madres, 2013)

#3: IN THE LAURELS, CAUGHT by Lee Ann Brown (Fence Books, 2013)

#2: ALL IS FORGOTTEN, NOTHING IS LOST (novel involving poets and ars poetica) by Lan Samantha Chang (Norton, 2010)

#1: HE LOOKED BEYOND MY FAULTS AND SAW MY NEEDS by Leonard Gontarek (Hanging Loose Press, 2013)


More to come...

Happy Reading!
Eileen R. Tabios


Labels: , , ,