Sunday, June 10, 2012

SUNDAY DESK SNAPSHOT (6/9/12)

I'm thinking of posting every Sunday a snapshot of what's on my working desk.  As with most lists, over time I think something will surface ... To wit: here's the inaugural snapshot of today's desk:



Among the contents:

--poetry books, of course--in this case, including SATURA by Eugenio Montale, POEMS 1955-1959 AND AN ESSAY IN AUTOBIOGRAPHY by Boris Pasternak, my REPRODUCTIONS OF THE EMPTY FLAGPOLE that I'm chiseling for poem-sculptures like these in Muddy River Poetry River...

--THE LIMITS OF LANGUAGE edited by Walker Gibson, featuring William James, A.N. Whitehead, James B. Conant, Herbert J. Muller, P.W. Bridgman, J. Robert Oppenheimer, Jeal-Paul Sartre, William Barrett, Gertrude Stein, Virginia Woolf and Wallace Stevens

--computer open to Wall Street Journal blogs

--most importantly, a photo of my dawgs and a German Shepherd sculpture--dogs keep moi heart supple in face of worldly hardness...

Labels: , ,