Friday, June 08, 2012

MUSEUM-OFFIED!

I am apparently exhibited in a museum! Pretty good since I'm not dead. To wit, perhaps you wish to stop by the National Steinbeck Center's marvelous exhibit. Among other marvels, you'll see a photo from when I first met (then ate with since no Pinoy meeting is authentic unless food is involved) Jose Garcia Villa:


Villa's face is cut off in that photo but that photo of me and him is starting to be replicated more and more.  What may not be as well known is the photographer: it was either XX (an artist-photographer who joined us for lunch but whose name I can't recall--I'll fill it in here when I do) or Luis Cabalquinto, another fine poet.  Luis is the one who introduced me to Jose Garcia Villa.

I continue to watch with amusement my ongoing ossification!  Mortality -- ye amuse Moi!

Labels: , ,