Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MEGA MOI

Very grateful indeed to Stephen Hong Sohn for his "Megapost" on three of my books over at Asian American Literature Fans (June 19, 2011). Typos will be corrected once Stephen's had a chance to rest his eyes from reading my writings and writing about it (laugh: rest his eyes...).

Anyway, this keen critic reviews Nota Bene Eiswein (Ahadada Books, 2009), Silk Egg: Collected Novels (Shearsman Books, 2011), and Footnotes to Algebra: Uncollected Poems 1995-2009 (BlazeVox Books, 2009).

I'm grateful Stephen chose to engage with my work, especially since he observed that my
work with all of its formal inventiveness always is undergirded by an attention to social contexts, however elliptically they may be represented.

Thank you, Stephen. It takes extra incisiveness to get the social in elliptic or absract spaces. I'm blessed you got it!

Labels: , , , , , ,