Tuesday, December 25, 2012

POETRY = GIFT

I understand why folks rarely gift me poetry -- coals to Newcastle and all that.  But, this year, I wanted poetry books under the tree and so prompted the hubby on what to get for said purpose.  Entonces, I received two items: the marvelous LOST AND FOUND: THE CUNY POETICS DOCUMENT INITIATIVE SERIES III and Dodie Bellamy's THE BUDDHIST which I've desired for a while:


With the above, it seems a timely time to post what's likely to be my last 2012 update to my Bought Poetry List (poetry books or books in other genres by poets):

LOST AND FOUND: THE CUNY POETICS DOCUMENT INITIATIVE SERIES III—comprised of


DIANE DI PRIMA: THE OLSON MEMORIAL LECTURE, Edited by Ammiel Alcalay & Ana Bozicevic

EDWARD DORN: THE OLSON MEMORIAL LECTURE, Edited by Lindsey Freer

LANGSTON HUGHES, NANCY CUNARD & LOUSIE THOMPSON: POETRY, POLITICS & FRIENDSHIP IN THE SPANISH CIVIL WAR, Edited by Anne Donlon

JOANNE KYGER: LETTERS TO & FROM, Edited by Ammiel Alcalay & Joanne Kyger

LORINE NIEDECKER: HOMEMADE POEMS, Edited by John Harkey

MICHAEL RUMAKER: SELECTED LETTERS, Edited by Megan Paslawski

JOHN WIENERS & CHARLES OLSON: SELECTED CORRESPONDENCE, Edited by Michael Seth Stewart

THE BUDDHIST by Dodie Bellamy

LARYNX GALAXY: PROSE POEMS by John Olson

NEW & SELECTED POEMS (1995) by Ron Padgett

CITY OF CORNERS by John Godfrey (I already own it! Another case of buying books I couldn’t remember I already owned. So, this “spare” copy is placed on moi Community Book Shelf in case you want to trade!)

WHAT THE STONES REMEMBER: A LIFE REDISCOVERED, memoir by Patrick Lane

PUTI/WHITE by Patria Rivera

LOVE POEMS by Rene Ricard

5 SHADES OF GRAY by Eileen R. Tabios

***

Before we opened presents, of course, the hubby had to gift us breakfast -- David Eyre's pancakes!  Thanks Tom!







Served with Galatea honey reflecting the terrain of the mountain.  So ... sweet!

Labels: ,