Thursday, June 30, 2011

WHAT WAS RECENTLY RELISHED

I rarely take poetry books for travel reading. I don't exactly know why, but suspect it has to do with wanting to relax (to the extent I can) while traveling. I'm not relaxed while reading poetry -- it's interesting to consider if there are poems out there which would relax Moi. I don't think I've come across any yet. If you have suggestions as regards relaxing poems, feel free to email me at GalateTen@aol.com. As I blog this, I begin to be curious about what poems relax readers, if they do...

Meanwhile, here's my latest Recently Relished W(h)ines list which reflects my travels to Bogota and Cartagena:

BOOKS:
LEAVING MICROSOFT TO CHANGE THE WORLD: AN ENTREPRENEUR'S ODYSSEY TO EDUCATE THE WORLD'S CHILDREN, memoir by John Wood

MIDSTREAM: THE STORY OF A MOTHER'S DEATH AND A DAUGHTER'S RENEWAL, memoir by Le Anne Schreiber

ADOPTION NATION: HOW THE ADOPTION REVOLUTION IS TRANSFORMING AMERICA, journalism/study by Adam Pertman

THE PACT, novel by Jodi Picoult

BLOOD WORK, novel by Michael Connelly

WHITEOUT, novel by Ken Follett

THE WINNER, novel by David Baldacci

THE WHOLE TRUTH, novel by David Baldacci

HIDE, novel by Lisa Gardner

NEVER LOOK BACK, novel by Linda Lael Miller

EXACT REVENGE, novel by Tim Green

THE YEAR OF THE FOG, novel by Michelle Richmond

BLESSINGS, novel by Anna Quindlen

BLACK AND BLUE, novel by Anna Quindlen

THE TWO MINUTE RULE, novel by Robert Crais

WINTER PREY, novel by John Sanford

MORTAL PREY, novel by John Sanford


WINES
2008 Contenata Zapata malbec
2007 Trivento Golden Reserve malbec
2008 Los Vascos Cabernet Colchagua
2008 Montes Alpha Cabernet
Trivento (vino de casa de Quebado restaurant)
2008 Sol de chile reserve cab
Valdivieso malbec
2010 Lazo Cabernet

Labels: , ,