Monday, August 25, 2008

N.B. NOTA BENE EISWEIN

What's poetry for but for also continuously reinventing one's self? So here's a sample poem from my forthcoming book NOTA BENE EISWEIN where I think the poems are different from how I'd written elsewhere:

WHERE EVERYTHING IS CLEAR


left with a stare
watching itself
                  a poem in a forest
                  covered deeply by ancient moss

its legacy a stone toe
                  red paint long faded
                  (though it lingers as memory)

somewhere, a woman
shrouds herself in white linen
                  a poem invisible but transparent


This was written after one of Christian Hawkey's poems and first published in The Enigmatist. NOTA BENE EISWEIN is rare for me in that...it's actually just a collection of poems, fullstop. No (intentional) disrupting of genres going on....just a collection of poems. It's good for me, once in a while, to just do that, too, just to nota bene that I also understand poetics priorities ... and I do enjoy those spaces where everything is clear...

Labels: ,