Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DO YOU BUY POETRY (NO PUN INTENDED!)?

Thanks to all who are participating in my Poetry Buying Survey! I hope to post the results with analysis later this week (additional replies are always welcome). There's several elucidating and surprising things to come out of this simple survey!

Meanwhile, you may notice that my original post on what I have bought (in the last ten months as my record-keeping only goes that far) has changed several times. Most recently, it's changed to reflect some new purchases. Yes -- because the idea for the Survey came up in the first place when I realized to my own shock that, uh, I don't actually buy as many poetry or poetry-related books as I thought! Some Poetry-Lover I am! Poetry-Buying: It needs to be PROACTIVE (like that poet who tithes 10% of her income to poetry purchases -- more on her and other survey participants later!)

Anyway, results of Survey to come (though Anny Ballardini, Mark Young, Geof Huth and Tom Beckett--have I missed others--have blogged some interesting replies!). Until then, here's another Question: What do these poets & writers have in common?
John Bloomberg-Rissman, Juaniyo Arcellana, Andrea Baker, Anny Ballardini, Tom Beckett, Allen Bramhall, Ric Carfagna, Clayton Couch, Garin Cycholl, Thomas Fink, Allen Gaborro, Jesse Glass, Aileen Ibardaloza, Laurel Johnson, Burt Kimmelman, Leza Lowitz, Nicholas Manning, Chris Murray, Murat Nemet-Nejat, Roger Pao, Guillermo Parra, Jonah Raskin, Sam Rasnake, Barbara Jane Reyes, Rochita Loenen-Ruiz, Ron Silliman, k. terumi shorb, Leny M. Strobel, Annabelle Udo, Jean Vengua, Benito "Sunny" Vergara, Jeffrey Cyphers Wright, and Alfred A. Yuson.

Well, without these generous writers, my next book would not be possible! Here's the new link to said new book THE BLIND CHATELAINE'S KEYS. It's not out yet but I'm purr-ed over it since BlazeVOX just put up my author's web page on it (I sure love Jukka-Pekka Kervinen's serious blurb; after all, I bought it -grin). Needless to say, when the book is released -- and, yes, I'll make sure you hear about it here! -- I hope you will, uh, BUY IT!

(Eh. Not Really. If THE BLIND CHATELAINE'S KEYS or any of my books interest you and you can't buy it for any reason, just drop me an email and I'll send it to you under the category of Poetry-As-Gift-Economy. Besides, how else will I reach my goal of swamping the planet (poor planet) with poetry, others' and mine?!)

Labels: , , , ,