Thursday, January 10, 2008

DRUM ROLL: MOI AM A PRODUCER!

Set the bar high, Dark Angel. So, as I write this, Meritage Press is also exploring the release of a live CD recording of a dead poet....because just coz a poet died doesn't mean he doesn't live on...

More details to come. This is just a bookmark post. Because I am so VERY EXCITED about this project, and not just cause I get to have a new title: Producer. It so sounds more Hollywood than, uh, poetry publisher. Don't hate me for being shallow -- as a poetry publisher, I take my compensations where I can ...

N.B. I gotta get off this thread of Poetry Economics. It's just hard to do when I keep staring at this envelope by my computer from the CITY AND COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR OF SAN FRANCISCO. They want me to fill out these humongous forms so that I can send them tax revenues from my 2007 poetry book sales. Geeezus, California -- it's pathetic that you can't get your budget act together such that you have to squeeze the economic prunes labeled "poets". I gotta do work for which a third-party accountant would charge hundreds, just so I can send you a tax check for, what, $37 bucks?!

Labels: