Monday, March 11, 2013

MOI BUYS POETRY ... FOR FODDER

Thanks to an earlier Ron Silliman announcement (I think on Facebook; Ron is one of only 12 of my friends as I only joined FB to monitor my son ... then I decided to friend Ron coz I was bored of teen knuckleheadedness on my Timeline), I picked up the Grand Piano Series for $75 -- a good enough deal to move the topic from the horizon to the under-my-nose spot for attention. I'd bought and read the first volume when it just came out but then failed to keep up as Life interfered. Anyway, it arrived all bundled up from Lyn Hejinian, one of the poets in the series. And now it's sitting, complete with its packaging material, on one of my kitchen counters like so:




I keep looking at the still life. I kinda have this hankering to create a mini-book from the packaging. I've done so before (and did it again on another mini-book that I've yet to blog about). As I write this, I'm wondering how to do a book cover that won't be ... brown. The other two mini-books' covers also rely on brown pieces of paper. Can't people send mail in scarlet or lavender?

Anyway, let Moi huddle with the Muse. They should be able to do something ... especially if they'd actually read the rest of the books (hah: what an idea!) ...

***

...and this all reminds me to do another update on my Recently Bought Poetry List, to wit:

THE RESERVOIR by Donna Stonecipher

BOUGH BREAKS by Tamiko Beyer

FLUX, CLOTH & FROTH, Vol. 1 (text) by John Bloomberg-Rissman

FLUX, CLOTH & FROTH, Vol. 2 (notes to poems) by John Bloomberg-Rissman

THE GRAND PIANO: AN EXPERIMENT IN COLLECTIVE AUTOBIOGRAPHY, SAN FRANCISCO 1975-1980, Volumes 1-20, by Rae Armantrout, Steve Benson, Alan Bernheimer, Carla Harryman, Lyn Hejinian, Tom Mandel, Ted Pearson, Bob Perelman, Kit Robinson, Ron Silliman and Barrett Watten,

FRAGILE REPLACEMENTS by William Allegrezza

UNPROTECTED TEXTS (SELECTED POEMS 1978-2006) by Tom Beckett

BLOOD SISTER, I AM TO THESE FIELDS: NEW AND SELECTED POEMS by Linda Hussa

Onward!


Labels: ,