Friday, January 18, 2013

REVEALING THE SECRET LIVES OF PUNCTUATIONS!

I'm always so happy to get input from readers of my books ... and consider it especially wonderful when they contact me about a book I put out years ago!  Adrienne J. Odasso--a poet new to me but will check her out--emailed the other day to say she found my 2006 book, THE SECRET LIVES OF PUNCTUATIONS, VOL. I, in a bookstore.  She said she found it

along with a signed copy of Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum," which I read at fourteen and after which I was never quite the same, so I took it all for an auspicious turn). Having come to the end of my reading "Secret Lives" this morning, I have filled out the blurb section at the back, photographed it with my iPhone, and now I attach it here...

Wonderful!  And you can see her blurb-poem HERE, but which I replicate here too as I enjoy it!

(Click on image to enlarge)

That was enough to make me rise in applause!  Thank you, Adrienne!

Then, of course, I returned to SITTING.  I've learned that sitting, by the way, facilitates moi blather ... as in the empty chair a metaphor for poetry!  Why not?  Before a poem can make you stand in applause, you must sit with it, di ba?  See?  Blather....



Labels: , ,