Friday, January 18, 2013


I'm always so happy to get input from readers of my books ... and consider it especially wonderful when they contact me about a book I put out years ago!  Adrienne J. Odasso--a poet new to me but will check her out--emailed the other day to say she found my 2006 book, THE SECRET LIVES OF PUNCTUATIONS, VOL. I, in a bookstore.  She said she found it

along with a signed copy of Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum," which I read at fourteen and after which I was never quite the same, so I took it all for an auspicious turn). Having come to the end of my reading "Secret Lives" this morning, I have filled out the blurb section at the back, photographed it with my iPhone, and now I attach it here...

Wonderful!  And you can see her blurb-poem HERE, but which I replicate here too as I enjoy it!

(Click on image to enlarge)

That was enough to make me rise in applause!  Thank you, Adrienne!

Then, of course, I returned to SITTING.  I've learned that sitting, by the way, facilitates moi blather ... as in the empty chair a metaphor for poetry!  Why not?  Before a poem can make you stand in applause, you must sit with it, di ba?  See?  Blather....

Labels: , ,