Monday, January 10, 2011

"POET" DEFINED

For the first time in 16 years, I am not a poet. Let Moi explain: my long-held definition of "poet" is someone with at least two unpublished manuscripts in hir drawers (desk drawers, not the ones down there ... or, well, maybe down there as well).

I woke up this morning and realized I don't have an unpublished manuscript. O MOI GAWD: not acceptable! So, in the past hour, I put one together. Its working title is

147 MILLION ORPHANS

a number which happens to be the estimate for the number of orphans worldwide.

Now, at the moment, the manuscript is 147 million pages long. So, that's the end of my coffee break when I thought I'd bludgeon share the news of new manuscript with you. I now gotta go and edit...

...because after said editing, I still gotta muster at least one more manuscript so that I can become a poet again!

Well, yes, this is a poetics post. Because I'm really talking about momentum. As an old mentor frequently ended his posts to Moi: Forward!

Labels: , ,