Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"LOVE, MOM"!

Oh so sue me! I just emailed Michael and, in contradiction to his prior admonitions and order, signed off with "Love, Mom"!

Why would I let a 14-year-old boy rule moi life anyway? Especially when he emails me that he just got his latest math result and it's 88%!!! A real B+, that he accomplished all on his own! A continued progress in his math! It wasn't that long ago, after all, that he came to me as a 13-year-old who can barely subtract!

So proud of you, son!

No wonder I've changed the title of my memoir about you to

                  SON SHINE

! Get it, sunshine?

Anyway, keep thriving and blossoming, dear...

Love,
Mom

*****

In other matters related to furthering his education, Michael did something new this weekend. He cooked! He cooked because he finally realized that I consider kitchen gizmos just to be sculptures! Whatever! The more he cooks, the less I do so this is all GREAT NEWS!

Here's a shot of Michael photographing his thumbs-up to himself for cooking a breakfast omelette with prosciutto, asiago and parmesan cheeses, and freshly-harvested tomatoes!



Life is good! Well, except for the drapery lady. Is the universe conspiring against Moi? Said lady came over this morning to measure the living room windows for drapes. She ends up telling me about shrimp scampi and some other berry dessert that I should try because they're easy. Duh. Do you know how many people have come up to me over the years(!) well-meaningfully with "easy" recipes? Ask me if I've ever used any of the aprons peeps send over as gag gifts. Go ahead. Or, don't bother: you can guess at the answer.

UPDATE: Michael just emailed: “Mom I told that when you sent me a message don’t said “Love Mom”, because I don’t like.”

I dutifully replied, “ooops. sorry.”

Labels: , ,