Friday, July 30, 2010

MOI IS STIMULATING

and this economy needs all the stimulation it can get!

First, you're welcome, Dear State of California! I just sent you the most I've ever sent in sales taxes for Meritage Press as a bidness: $141.00. Don't sniff--the first time I sent you sales tax, I cut you a check for $2.00. Ah Poetry Sales -- gotta love ya with all of your lack...

Also stimulating by buying poetry books! Here's my latest Bought Poetry List:
FORCE FIELDS, text by Andrew Joron & art by Brian Lucas

TOXIC FLORA: POEMS by Kimiko Hahn

WHERE SHADOWS WILL: SELECTED POEMS 1998-2008 by Norma Cole

BECKMAN VARIATIONS & OTHER POEMS by Michael Heller

THE SECOND FOUR BOOKS OF POEMS: THE MOVING TARGET / THE LICE / THE CARRIER OF LADDERS / WRITINGS TO AN UNFINISHED ACCOMPANIMENT by W.S. Merwin (I'll admit to ordering this coz Ron Silliman had nice things to say about Merwin's THE LICE)

CHRISTMAS by Eileen R. Tabios (yes my books count! I'm a poet, ya know...)

POISON OAK by Jukka-Pekka Kervinen

RAIN O'ER ME by Rachel Goetzkee

I really think we should support the economy and poetry economy by ordering from Dan Waber's latest publishing effort--the tiny series. It's two bucks a title! Isn't that timely for this slow-growth economy! Plus, the booklets are cutely intellectual and intellectually cute!

Labels: , ,