Thursday, June 18, 2009

THEN THERE WAS THE SPIRITUALLY-DERIVED BOOK...

Since THE THORN ROSARY is my first "selected poems" project (though it was editor Thomas Fink who selected said poems), it started me off thinking last night about all the poems I've written which never got into any of my books, from which a Selected then could occur.

I felt bad for those poems, those "uncollected" ones so far.

So I dived into the files, apologized to those poems who didn't survive my haphazard, global e-desk, and collated together a manuscript. Then I queried a publisher and the publisher bit--thank you, BlazeVox! Forthcoming then before THE THORN ROSARY (Marsh Hawk Press, Spring 2010) will be a new poetry collection ... whose subtitle explains it all:
FOOTNOTES TO ALGEBRA:
Uncollected Poems 1995-2009

FOOTNOTES TO ALGEBRA (whose title was inspired by Marne Kilates who once published some of my poems in his lovely poets Picturebook and called them "algebraic") should come out later this year.

Well then, I feel better now...spiritually. For my love, I select all of you poems! All of you!

Labels: , ,