Monday, June 08, 2009

HARVARD ENTERS MY POEMS...UNEXPECTEDLY!

A scholar is writing on moi Selected Prose Poems manuscript, THE THORN ROSARY, forthcoming in Spring 2010. Saw an early draft of her Afterword...and I am both laughing pounds off moi ass and hoping that I just may have done something right in this poetry thing. Because if my poems, in being analyzed, bring in such disparate analytical references as
Greenwald, R. How to Find a Husband After 35: (Using What I Learned at Harvard Business School). New York and Toronto: The Random House Publishing Group, 2003

to
Quindoza-Santiago, Lilia. Sa Ngalan ng Ina: Isang Daang Taon ng Tulang Feminista sa Pilipinas (In the Name of the Mother: One Hundred Years of Feminist Poetry in the Philippines), 1889-1998. Quezon City: University of the Philippines Press, 1997

then I might have achieved an early poetics conjuration:
To bring a poem into the world
is to bring the world into the poem

More marketing details later. Right now, I just want to laugh.

Labels: ,