Thursday, June 11, 2009

THAT ROWDY HAY(NA)KU!

dented
moon, wheeling
just like me.

synaptic trash
caught sweet
in blue-violet mercies

roaring,
glory-headed girl,
smashed diamond skies

tilt,
tilt a-whirl,
twist and all-fall-down.

dry
river coursing
bloodstream’s ancient dreams

Isn't that lovely? That hay(na)ku sequence is from "Our Rowdy Pack Song" by Holly Anderson and Caroline Beasley-Baker. the latest addition to qarrtsiluni's special issue on the Economy! Thanks Holly and Caroline!

Somewhat relatedly, Lorna Dee Cervantes has a very special offer HERE (scroll down). Click on link for whole post, though I reproduce details here--from Lorna:
I'm producing 50 self-designed books hand-stitched in signatures in its own gift box. Desperate times require desperate measures, requires love. These are lovingly produced and all about love. Desperate price of $10 each. $12.50 to mail ($15+ if you're nice.) Send by snail to:

Lorna Dee Cervantes
3181 Mission Street, #16
San Francisco, CA 94110

I may even write you a hay(na)ku on each one.

See -- you may get a LornaDice hay(na)ku!

Last but not least, I am behind on many projects, in part because my international adoption process took at least a year longer than expected. This means that I'm behind on producing THE CHAINED HAY(NA)KU ANTHOLOGY. It will come -- but it just may come out next year instead of in 2009. More details later, but, you know -- I'm working hard on that and many other delayed things...Thanks for your patience.

Labels: