Wednesday, February 20, 2008

EXCLAMATION POINT POETICS!!!

So one of my favorite parts about The Secret Lives of Punctuations, Vol. I, (or favorite facet from any of my books), is the up-ending of the back cover blurb system into a performance field for readers. Punctuations has no blurbs but has a series of blank lines that invites the reader to respond to the poems and then create his/her/hir own blurb. And any blurb sent to Moi (viz GalateaTen@aol.com gets a comp copy of my earlier xPress(ed) book, Menage a Trois...). Well, last night I was blessed to receive a blurb from -- and this makes it only better -- someone I've never met -- Stephen Hong Son, a prof at Stanford and apparently someone investigating what he calls "punctuational poetics"; because it makes me look good, of course Moi must inflict, I mean, share, his blurb with you:
"The Secret Lives of Punctuations, Vol. I" dramatically unmoors the paratextual markers that structure the English language, pushing the reader into a labyrinthine lyrical landscape of infinite reading possibilities.

That'd be

!!!!!

from Moi!!!!!

Always happy to see those poems find a hospitable ear (I first typed hear)...

Labels: ,