Monday, February 18, 2008

LANGUAGE FOR A NEW CENTURY

From the heap in my In-Box through which I am slowly but surely plowing, is this Heads' Up Alert to invite you to the New York Book Launch for LANGUAGE FOR A NEW CENTURY: CONTEMPORARY POETRY FROM THE MIDDLE EAST, ASIA & BEYOND, Eds. Tina Chang, Ravi Shankar and Nathalie Handal with a Foreword by Carolyn Forche (W.W. Norton, New York, 2008). To wit, the "book party will take place at the 70,000 square foot Rubin Museum of Art in the heart of Chelsea between approximately 6pm and 9pm on Friday, April 25th, 2008. The event is free and open to the public."

So there you go -- hope you enjoy the event even as I won't be there to toast my first appearance in a Norton anthology. I anticipate that come April I'll be dealing instead -- and happily so -- with the ramifications of moi Latin American trip. Indeedy, looks like I'll have to return South in 2 weeks (deets to come).

Labels: