Wednesday, February 27, 2008

CACKLE POETIX

Reb made moi day with this post; click on excerpt for entire thingie:
While I do not profit off others' desire to be published, I find that I am not profiting off of others' (non-existent) desire to buy my press' books.

The excerpt above though should help explain why I don't mind releasing my Poet's Income Statement. I don't think people realize just how IMPRESSIVE total annual revenues of $7,721.88 is. That's pure revenues, Peeps -- no grants, no subsidies....just hard-earned poetry sales. So consider this a *)(*&)(*&Bnn$#%$@^%$# PREEN!

Or as femmeow (vs fellow) poet-publisher Reb elucidates:
$50. Do you know how many books I have to sell to make that in royalties? Like a thousand. Well, actually somewhere between 10 and 20, depending on how and where they're sold.

A thousand, though, feels more accurate....

Labels: ,