Thursday, January 31, 2008

MOI INVITES YOU TO A HOLIDAY!

One of the more amusing e-anthologies out there is THE HOLIDAY ALBUM: Greeting Card Poems For All Occasions, Edited by Elaine Equi, currently up at the stellar Jacket Magazine.

Well, Elaine is expanding the project and I'm excited that she just accepted my poem "Eggs: Pulp Fiction For Easter." It should be uploaded up by...Easter!

For now, do check out this e-anthology; here's the beginning of Elaine's Intro -- doesn't it tickle your curiosity:
Like many people, my first exposure to poetry was through the medium of greeting cards. Before I knew Lorca, Desnos, Stein, or Celan, I knew Hallmark.

Featured poets now include David Lehman, Rae Armantrout, Nick Piombino, David Shapiro, Tom Clark, Vincent Katz, Jeanne Marie Beaumont, Martine Bellen, Cathy McArthur, Jerome Sala, Chris Martin, Stacy Szymaszek, Erica Kaufman, Fanny Howe, Jerome Sala, Gregory Crosby, Connie Deanovich, Amy Gerstler, Joe Brainard, David Trinidad, David Shapiro.

It's the first time in my life I don't have a lot of new unpublished poems -- I'm just happy I was able to participate in a project with such company, though the poem I writ was from several years ago and, frankly, I'd forgotten I ever wrote it until I was doing some file clean-up. Heh. Wonder what else lurks in dem dere files...

Labels: