Tuesday, May 15, 2007

BIG BURLY POETICS

Thirteen new oak trees got delivered today. Yah -- I'm implanting green hair on the mountain's bald spots. Someone's gotta do it.

Which also will explain why Galatea Resurrects' next issue will come out next week, not this week as I'd planned. Some of you think I just sit on my hair blathering out over the mountain but, yah, I actually do non-virtual stuff. That delayed our beloved Galatea Resurrects this week because Moi am busy with, and you've heard about them here before,

BIG BURLY MEN

crawling all over the mountain. And this time, they've come with

BIG BURLY TRACTORS

If you didn't know, I started construction last month and look to be in said construction until early next year. What am I constructing? you nosy ones ask?

BIG BURLY RETAINING WALLS

I would post an image on what they'd be holding up, but the hubby won't let me because the neighbors might google and get all terrified. Like, this is still America, ain't it? Can't I construct a rotisserie to match my chicken coop if I wanna?

What was I blathering about again? Oh yeah, Galatea Resurrects will be released next week. And it will also be

BIG AND BURLY

but enchantingly so, not like the Big Burly Man who, after hopping off his Big Burly Tractor, grinned BIG-ly and BURLY-ly at Moi to announce:

               I DIG HOLES.

Ooooh boy. I wonder how often he's proclaimed that. But I laughed and applauded, of course. After all, he's got something not enough poets have. To wit, how many poets go around with a shit-eating grin on their mugs ecstatic because they so LOVE their *job*?

BIG BURLY SHIT-EATING GRIN

Personally, I got one stretching moi naturally crimson lovely lips. Now, it took me years to get here, but I got one. [INSERT BIG BURLY GRIN] You?

Labels: , ,