Friday, December 08, 2006

THOSE HAY(NA)KU ARE MOVIN'!!!!!

Fabuloso!!!!!

Marlon Unas Esguerra, splendid poet and teaching fellow over at U of Miami's Dept. of English, has created a 31-part, 186-stanza long poem comprised of hay(na)ku. As it's part of his final portfolio for a VisPo class he took with Nick Carbo, he documented it with videos from YouTube. Equally significant, the result is a means of grappling with the texting phenomenon in the Philippines. You can check out a very interesting excerpt -- and statement of process -- here!

THANKS for sharing, Marlon!

And speaking of YouTube, Ernesto sent me a link to a moving hay(na)ku, too. I couldn't access just because I'm too lame to figure out how to enter YouTube. But I think these variations are great -- keep telling me about them and, someday, I'll even see them, okay?!