Sunday, December 03, 2006

JEALOUS

On a List, a teacher raised the possibility of Galatea Resurrects as a Creative Writing resource! Wow! Not a bad landing for an idea I got to battle insomnia some moons ago. Yes -- indeed! Resource Galatea!

Meanwhile:

Yep -- FINALLY, I got jealous of a poet.

I'm talking about just having received and read an art monograph with a poem:

MARIA MORGANTI STORIA DI UN QUADRO (HISTORY OF A PAINTING)

CON UNA POESI DI (WITH A POEM BY) BARRY SCHWABSKY

It's put out for Maria Morganti's first London solo exhibition, at Barbara Behan Gallery, in collaboration with publisher Maurizio Corraini -- reproducing the layers of colour in a single painting. Accompanying that documentation is a poem by Barry Schwabsky entitled "Diary of a Poem"...on the making of that poem.

The poem is great -- but that's not what makes me jealous. To witness a great poem is cause for celebration, pure and simple. What makes me jealous is the fabulous conceptual underpinning to the monograph -- what an opportunity. I love process and this joint presentation of the process to a painting and poem -- ooomph! Of that opportunity, I am jealous -- even as I recommend that others try if possible to get a copy of it. It is just a gem!