Sunday, August 06, 2006

HEAVENLY DINING WITH ARTISTS

How kewl! Karri tells me that his "Seating Arrangement" project has much affinity with my POET TICS project! It's an interesting idea -- here's Karri's take:

A word on the concept: Well, imagining that Heaven exists and that there are actual people there, with whom would you see other people conversing, and what's most intriguing, with whom would you like to sit down at table? I'm sure there would be different seating arrangements every night. There are a lot of poets and artists and other loved ones to team up with, I'd reckon. The ones that I'm making up here are not to be taken too seriously; they are not fixed, or final, constellations. Names and faces pop into my head (not unlike Eileen’s lists of poets) and I make the introductions; as to what happens after that, is up to the party and its individuals. A couple of rules, though: at every table, I try to include at least one Finn, living or dead, and somebody from the poetry community working on-line today. Enjoy!

Check his latest dinner party here. And I was also quite honored to be "seated" earlier by Karri with

tristan tzara
teemu manninen
david lynch
velimir khlebnikov
thelonius monk


Needless to say, these peeps would have had the best wines from moi cellar!