Monday, February 04, 2013

ANOTHER REASON TO LOVE DA VINCI

And I'm grateful, too, to Grady Harp for his review of THE AWAKENING!  Posted at Amazon.com where he's a Hall of Famer reviewer and Goodreads apparently (can't access the latter). 

While Grady mentions other threads on the book, he also (like all reviewers so far) found the first poem, "THE EROTIC LIFE OFART: A SEANCE WITH WILLIAM CARLOS WILLIAMS," to be his favorite.  I am guessing that poem's gonna have long legs despite being a long poem and despite its difficult birth.  As regards the former, isn't it more difficult for long poems to be widely read?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I'm thinking (due to Twitter like attention spans et al) ... which, undoubtedly, [she mutters] is why I went into the long poem route ...

Anyway, Grady Harp's review (with oh yes a purchase opportunity) over HERE.  His excerpting what my poem had to say about Da Vinci-- "Is this not why Da Vinci dissected criminals who died with hard-ons/ to demonstrate that erections were caused by blood/ suffusing an organ, rather than the common belief/ of his time that the penis is inflated by the retention/of wind?'..." -- apparently threw one of his readers into a snarky snit ... which only makes me laugh of course ...


Labels: , ,