Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A MAGNIFICENT POEM!

And as I've said before, I don't assign myself poetry publications to review.  I just try to read as widely as I can and whatever moves me to review them end up being the poetry books I will have reviewed!  This makes reviewing a gift, rather than a chore, since to be pushed to review a book usually means that it inspired me in some way (with the occasional exception).  This is all to say, the next book I will have reviewed for the forthcoming Galatea Resurrects is the marvelous ARDOR: poems of life by Janine Canan.  (If you wish to review for Galatea Resurrects, please go HERE for a list of available review copies; I just updated the list!).

Canan's ARDOR partly pays homage to the Mother goddess(es), and  I chose to review ARDOR in part for this magnificent poem (do feel free to chant your read!):

Radioactive (A Work in Progress)


Afghanistan
Algerian Sahara
Amchitka
Aube
Berkeley
Bikini
Bora Bora
Bosnia
Chernobyl
Christmas Island
Connecticut River
Eniwetok
Fangataufa
Farallon Islands
French Polynesia
Fukushima
Goiaina
Grozny
Hamburg
Hanford
Hiroshima
Hunter’s Point
Hwaderi
Iraq
Jornada del Muerto
Kandalaksha
Karoul
Kosovo
Lake Huron
La Manche
Livermore
Lja
London
Long Island
Los Alamos
Maralinga
Moab
Moorpark
Mururoa
Nagasaki
Nevada
Novato
Onogawa
Pakistan
Palomares
Pit Nine
Praire Island
Pripyat
Rajasthan
Rancho Secco
Rio Grande
Rocky Mountain
Sacramento River
San Francisco Bay
Savannah River
Sierra Mountains
Simi Valley
Sofia
Sosnovy Bor
Spokane Reservations
Tahiti
Three Mile Island
Tokaimura
Windscale
Yucca Mountain—

radioactive forever

The feminization of everything
is required.

Labels: ,