Monday, May 21, 2012

CROWDS FOR POETRY?

I am trying to join the 21st century.  Hence, I am watching closely some attempts at crowd-funding for poetry projects, partly because of the first item in the following update below to my Bought Poetry List.  It still seems to me that for crowd-funding to succeed there has to be crowds.  That's been a problem--this lack of crowds--for poetry, notwithstanding Horseless Press' recent success.  But I am delighted by their succcess and for now will focus on saying Congratulations! 

Now, let's buy Poetry!  Here's what I've done recently:

CLOUDFANG : : CAKEDIRT by Daniela Olszewska, THE SOFT PLACE by Kate Schapira and other HORSELESS PRESS publications viz Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2049449313/o-yes-daniela-olszewska-and-kate-schapira-horse-le


DISAPPOINTED PSALMS by Brian Clements


UNPROTECTED TEXTS by Tom Beckett


WELL THEN THERE NOW by Juliana Spahr


LIFE ON MARS: POEMS by Tracy K. Smith


DUENDE: POEMS by Tracy K. Smith


MIGRITUDE by Shailja Patel


SENTENCE: A JOURNAL OF PROSE POETICS #9, Ed. Brian Johnson

Labels: