Sunday, January 08, 2012

BLOOD DAZZLED!

Blogging another update to my Recently Relished W(h)ine List below. In the Publications section, note that if you see an asterisk before the title, that means a review copy is available for Galatea Resurrects)! More info on that HERE.


PUBLICATIONS
* BLOOD DAZZLER, poems by Patricia Smith (Magnificent. With this book, I am made a fan of Patricia Smith—finally, I get all the accolades I keep hearing about her…and I am happy to get it!)

REBIRTH OF WONDER: POEMS OF THE COMMON LIFE by David M. Johnson (first book of poetry read in 2012)

HYPERGLOSSIA, poems by Stacy Szymaszek

SELECTED POEMS by Harvey Shapiro

A PEOPLE’S HISTORY OF THE GREAT RECESSION, journalism by Arthur Delaney (the first book I read on my new Kindle. And it shows the dark side of e-publishing. This book generated from Delaney's prior columns on The Huffington Post, and it shows. There was little attempt to make the collection more weighty for purpose of book publishing. In my non-humble opinion, there should be some additional value-added to the project being converted into a book. For example, ahem, to see how e-posts (e.g. blog posts) could be converted to what should be a higher content threshold of a book, do feel free to check out my own effort HERE.)

THE ORCHARD, memoir by Adele Crockett Robertson

ANNEVILLE: A MEMOIR OF THE GREAT DEPRESSION by Thomas G. Robinson

LETTERS OF A WOMAN HOMESTEADER by Elinore Pruitt Stewart

THE GREATEST GENERATION CREATED BY THE GREAT DEPRESSION, memoir by Cap'n Dee

ADOPTING AN ABANDONED FARM, memoir by Kate Sanborn (a book I read cause it was a Kindle freebie. And, there ya go with Kindle freebies – many are free because they’re usually useless pap. I deleted this one from my Kindle after reading it hoping to no avail it’d get better)

GROWING A FARMER: HOW I LEARNED TO LIVE OFF THE LAND, memoir by Kurt Timmermeister

THE NOT SO BIG HOUSE, lifestyle by Sarah Susanka with Kira Obolensky

HOPE FOR HEALING: A PARENT’S GUIDE TO TRAUMA AND ATTACHMENT, “by” the Association for Treatment and Training in the Attachment of Children

JOURNEY IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION, novel by John Lifflander

NO PLACE ELSE, novel by Floyd Wesley Brosman

SWEET IMPRESSIONS, novel by Nora Roberts

A LAWMAN’S CHRISTMAS, novel by Linda Lael Miller


WINES
2006 Saxum James Berry Vineyards
2009 Robert Foley charbono NV
2002 Integrity shiraz
1997 Philip Togni

New Year’s Eve wines:
2003 Bert Simon Serrig Herrenburg Riesling Auslese
1970 Ch. Palmer
1991 Graham’s port

Labels: ,