Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DREAMING UP AN AVANT-GARDE

A first for Moi while I was sleeping last night. In a dream, I wrote up a panel presentation I'm due to give on December 18. During the light of day, I typed up the outline I remembered from the dream -- and dang if it don't work! So, you're invited to come see me dream in person at Bay Area Asian-Pacific-Islander-Amercan poets and the Avant Garde moderated by Barbara Jane Reyes, to wit
Panel discussion on Bay Area APIA poets and the avant-garde. In this panel, authors, editors, and educators will discuss APIA poetry, and their relationships with avant-garde poetries, the historical contexts for today’s poetries, and challenges or obstacles to writing with consideration to aesthetics and ethnic identity. Participants include Jai Arun Ravine, Margaret Rhee, Eileen Tabios, Truong Tran, and Jean Vengua, and others TBA.

More information HERE.

Should be interesting. If I can pull it off, I'll be able to throw into moi mix the brilliant artist Jenifer K Wofford's transformation of General MacArthur into a Pinay nurse!

Labels: , , , ,