Wednesday, August 31, 2011

9-1-1 EXHIBIT AT LIBRARY OF CONGRESS

I'm honored to be part of a “Post 9/11”: Commemorative Display now on view in the Library of Congress’ Asian Division Reading Room, located in Room L J 150 of the Thomas Jefferson Building, 10 First Street S.E., Washington, D.C. The exhibition runs from August 30 through September 15, 2011, with the hours of the Library of Congress’ Asian Division Reading Room being 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Actor and photographer Lia Chang posts a write-up on the exhibit at BACKSTAGE PASS. (Thanks much for highlighting my 9-1-1 poem...)

Anyway, here are some photos of my the exhibit and my contribution -- thanks to Curator Reme Grefalda:







It's always a challenge, IMHO, to exhibit a poem. Not a visual poem but a text-poem. I think it's great how Reme spliced up individual sections of the poem and then pasted them on a backdrop, evoking the collage technique that went into the writing of the poem...

Labels: ,