Sunday, August 21, 2011

ON ALTERING THAT SILENCE...!

I'm so grateful to be part of a new anthology which offers my first appearance in Chile: La Alteración del Silencio: Poesía Norteamericana Reciente, co-edited by William Allegrezza and Galo Ghigliotto (Editorial Cuneta, 2011). English translation of that title is The Alteration of Silence: Recent North American Poetry, and I'm delighted to be with so many poets I admire -- I understand Chile's main newspaper has already reviewed it favorably!

But I'm really mostly grateful because appearing in Chile allowed me to mention to Michael how another Spanish-speaking country has welcomed his mom as a poet. This intrigued him enough to drop the teenagish grunts to have a real conversation. It began when he quirked his brows at me and said, "I'm not sure how poetry and publishing works ....?" (Heh: join the crowd, son.) Anyway, 'twas a great conversation as I've long thought the kids were confused as to what exactly I do with moi time ... laugh...

Poets in the anthology are
Paul Hoover, Rae Armantrout, Charles Bernstein, Maxine Chernoff, Deborah Meadows, Tyrone Williams, Geof Huth, Camille Martin, Sheila E. Murphy, Peter Gizzi, Jennifer Moxley, Garin Cycholl, Roberto Harrison, Eileen Tabios, William Allegrezza, Catherine Daly, Noah Eli Gordon, Jennifer Scappettone, Linh Dinh, Gabriel Gudding, Anselm Berrigan, Simone Muench, Sawako Nakayasu, Tao Lin, Katie Degentesh

My poems were taken from my books Reproductions of the Empty Flagpole, I Take Thee, English, For My Beloved and THE THORN ROSARY. Muchas gracias!

Labels: , , , ,