Friday, September 10, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MOI!

I'm the birthday gal this weekend! It began with a lovely surprise: Sandy McIntosh and beautiful wife Barbara on my doorstep this afternoon. All the way from New York! Now, normally, it wouldn't be a welcome surprise to get an unexpected visit from Sandy (heh). But it became a lovely because Sandy cooked dinner for us: a yummy saffron chicken with mushrooms, chipotle in adobo sauce, wine, red onions and butter fit for Julia Child over buttered (more butter!) pasta topped with Italian parsley and parmesan cheese (geez: what's not to like, shouted my ecstatic arteries)! Tis an original recipe from this poet-chef!

Thanks to everyone for your lovely wishes, including this:



That's the perfect birthday card for Moi! The celebration continues through the rest of the weekend. Apparently, the hubby set up several things in store ... and more poets are visiting!

But earlier tonight, here was Sandy cooking in my apron (I wouldn't normally have an apron but another friend gave this to me a few years back for its slogan: "W.I.N.O.S. ... Women In Need of Sanity"):



And here's the saffron chicken bubbling away:



More to come!

Labels: , ,