Tuesday, January 19, 2010

WEARING HEELS, I WAS AN ANIMAL!

When I took flamenco lessons many years ago, I basically was a kalabaw in skirt and heels--yes, not a pretty sight. But in order to write poems about it, I knew I had to physically perform it (to the best of my ability) vs just writing about it. I had to involve my body so: Clomp clomp clomp...sigh.

But, anyway, certain poets really should attempt the flamenco -- it just might loosen 'em up (never mind any damange to witnessing eyes). I just read a poetry collection where moithinks one of the *topics* is passion....but it's as ugly a sight as me doing flamenco to read a would-be-passionate poem and just end up concluding this poet writes like there's a stick up hir ass.

Which is all to say, here's my latest Relished W(h)ine List (if you share moi sense of humor, you can try to guess which poet I'm talking about):

PUBLICATIONS
DESTRUCTION MYTH, poems by Mathias Svalina (Brilliant!!)

TRANSCENDENTAL STUDIES: A TRILOGY, poems by Keith Waldrop

TRACKS, poems by Logan Ryan Smith

PAGEANT, poems by Joanna Fuhrman

HEATHEN, poems by Lesley Wheeler

THE WONDER BREAD YEARS, poems by Susan Terris

DOUBLE-EDGED, poems by Susan Terris

THE SEVEN AGES, poems by Louise Gluck

LIVE MAG!, literary & arts journal, Ed. (not identified but i think is) Jeffrey Cyphers Wright

HALF OF THE SKY: TURNING OPPRESSION INTO OPPORTUNITY FOR WOMEN WORLDWIDE, journalism by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn

ADOPTION HEALING: A PATH TO RECOVERY, psychotherapy by Joe Soll

A FAMILY OF CHOICE: A GAY MAN'S STORY OF INTERNATIONAL ADOPTION, memoir by Paul Hampsch

SOMEBODY'S CHILD: STORIES FROM THE PRIVATE FILES OF AN ADOPTION ATTORNEY by Randi Barrow

THE OTHER BLUE BOOK: ON THE HIGH SEAS OF DISCOVERY, novel by Reme Grefalda

RETRIBUTION, novel by Jilliane Hoffman

LAST WITNESS, novel by Jillliane Hoffman

TRIAL BY FIRE, novel by J.A.Jance

FLESH AND BLOOD, novel by Jonathan Kellerman


WINES
2005 Dutch Henry Merlot Yountville NV
2002 Penfolds Shiraz "Koonunga Hill"
1999 Gaja Sori Tildin

Labels: , ,