Friday, September 18, 2009

CATE BLANCHETT POETICS

I was working this week on the cover design for THE THORN ROSARY (forthcoming in Spring 2010)--more deets on such later. During a break and while on internet trawl, I stumbled across this photo of Cate Blanchett being castigated for what she wore on a red carpet. Actually, I thought her outfit BRILLIANT (the past made eternal...). It could have been a fitting cover image for THE THORN ROSARY -- you can see the controversial Cate Blanchett photo HERE.

I could write a hundred-page fashion treatise on why this dress is fabulous. Let me just quote from a poem I've lost but whose fragment I recall to be this:
TO BRING A POEM INTO THE WORLD
IS TO BRING THE WORLD INTO A POEM

P.S. Cate's outfit would not have worked if the shoes had not been weighty (i.e., it would have crashed and burned if worn with stiletto heels). And that's why prose can also be poetry.

Labels: , ,