Saturday, February 28, 2009

THE LAST THING ON MOI TO-DO LIST

before heading south is an essay I'm writing for a DIY anthology-in-progress. My DIY essay incorporates my experiences with the Filipino traits of "kapwa" and "loob", my roots in the Asian American Writers Workshop, the origins of Meritage Press (an outdated link but you get the drift), why I was once very active as an editor of anthologies, and Babaylan-based cultural activism and poetics.

Now, if I would only stop futzing around with the blog, I just might finish it before I hop (I first typed "hope") on an airplane in 48 hours! Yeah.

*****

Actually, the true last thing on my To-Do List might be driving Mom to her one-week post op appointment following cataract surgery. Listening to her in the past few days say things like "Oh, I didn't know the masks in the hallway are colored!" to "Look at how those trees have silver leaves!" to "I can read the signs now!" ... all portend a future poetry collection entitled

POST-CATARACT SURGERY

Look at those colors! Look at the ... Light!


!

Labels: , ,