Wednesday, July 09, 2008

HOUSEKEEPING

I'm swamped.

And so are some others so I've extended Galatea Resurrects' deadline to July 14 -- take note, you swamped reviewers!

Secondly, Listen & Be Heard, managed by Poetry Angel Martha Cinader Mims has chosen Mark Young's PELICAN DREAMING as an "Editor's Pick". Thanks for listening, Martha! And such recommendation also is a good reason to remind you of THIS!

Third, I'm on a panel approved for the 2009 AWP involving Bruce Covey, Amy King, Stephanie Young, Stephanie Strickland and Robin Schaer. I'm on a panel but I've lost track what the topic is ... but I'm sure it's a brilliant topic and that it will be a brilliant presentation etcetera yadda.

Fourth, among Small Press Distribution's latest list of "RECOMMENDED NEW TITLES for June 24-July 8, 2008" is The Hay(na)ku Anthology, Vol. II. Yadda. SPD info:
ORDERS: 1-800-869-7553
ORDERS@SPDBOOKS.ORG
FAX: 1-510-524-0852
WWW.SPDBOOKS.ORG
Try Electronic Ordering! SPD is on PUBNET (SAN #106-6617)
Questions? Contact Neil Alger at neil@spdbooks.org

Fifth, I've been speaking mostly Spanish in the last two weeks for a reason I can't reveal yet. The problem is, I don't actually know Spanish....and yet that's the first language of possibly the majority of peeps in Napa Valley. Which is to say, I'm gathering a lot of aghast looks in the area as I go about mangling Spanish here and there. But come to think of it, I mangle English, too -- it's just that my excuse per Ingles is that soy una poeta. My excuse for mangling Spanish? Simply, Amor.

And to end with that word -- The Word -- is to begin again. Amor.

Labels: , ,