Tuesday, June 03, 2008

POETRY VS PROSE – AND THE WINNER IS …

I’m not a Democrat or Republican. I’m an Independent. But we have a moment. Historic. And so I refer you back to THIS.

As the link notes, that’s one of my attempts to write a hay(na)ku a day. And the title of this blog post refers to my January 7, 2008 hay(na)ku written shortly after Obama’s Audacity of Hope hay(na)ku:
DESPERATION TACTICS

Campaign
In Poetry,
Govern in prose

Text by Hillary Clinton

I have appreciated Obama’s campaign (don’t know yet about my vote, but I’ve appreciated his campaign). And if you watched Obama’s speech tonight, you saw a marked contrast with Clinton’s approach. His speech was not about himself (he didn’t even touch on the historicity of an African American candidate for the President of the U.S.)….which reminds me to also share what I wrote on January 8, 2008:
OBAMA POETICS

It’s not about
Me, but
You.

--from Obama's New Hampshire speech after primary results

Of course I’m appreciative. Because as the description of this blog notes, The Chatelaine shares, “Moi am all about Toi.”

P.S. I do believe it's possible to govern in (sic) poetry...in part, I see this through having visited with various folks in positions of power; when they have poetry books next to their business or political texts on their bookshelves, that indicates an ability to think outside of the box, not an unimportant talent for being effective and visionary.

Labels: , ,