Thursday, April 19, 2007

MUY NIFTY! A CALL OUT FROM -- AND NOW TO -- FLAMENCO ARTISTS!

Hay naku! And what's nifty about Moi's offer for free flamenco chaps is that, now, I'm getting requests not just from poetry lovers but from flamenco artists! I feel really honored by such...And that's what I like to see! Poems getting disseminated beyond the "poetry world" out to, uh, the world-world!

Remember that you have until the end of April to request a copy. Details in moi archives HERE and HERE.

This also encourages me to ask -- would any flamenco dancer/artist out there like to collaborate per a combined poetry reading/flamenco performance? Attention flamenco artists in New York and Bay Area! If interested, email me at GalateaTen@aol.com. I'm envisioning very brief performances -- maybe your interpretation of one or two of my flamenco poems. We can do it during some gigs already lined up for me, to wit:

New York: Sept. 20

Berkeley, CA: Oct. 21

I've done collaborations with modern dancers/movement artists (including martial artist) before. These are typically unrehearsed. We discuss it by email, then show up at performance and just go. I like 'em unrehearsed because, ya know, (my) Poetry can't be rehearsed. So, that's a dancing idea...!

Labels: , , ,