Monday, April 30, 2007

HOW TO GET DONATIONS FOR POETRY

Sigh. Sadly, this is a true story. To wit, I learned that a New York-based member of Oenophiles For Poetry donated money to Marsh Hawk Press for aiding the press' publication of my Fall book. Naturally, I emailed the Peep a blatheringly-gratified "THANK YOU"!

The drunkard replied: "The best way you can thank me is by NOT sending me a copy of your book. Since I moved, I no longer have a fireplace....."

Fighting words, yah? So Moi e-zinged back: "Well, you didn't give enough for me NOT to send you a copy. And given your lack of fireplace, you'll just have to have a custom-made frame made for it and hang it in a prominent place in your loft to uplift your [quite tedious] decor."

To which the drunk riposted again: "I will put that next to some of my favorite books:

Famous Italian War Heros
Famous British Chefs
Famous German Comedians
Eileen's Guide to Etiquette


Nuff said, right? After all, I got his $$. Besides....apparently, I wrote the book on etiquette.

Labels: , , , ,