Wednesday, October 11, 2006

AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, WHAT I REALIZE

Tim Gaze introduced me yesterday to the notion of Asemic writing (thank you, Tim; timely pun re your name: Tim Gaze-s!). And this is what I realized:

The world is full of words, none of them mine. Even the words I (think I) made up are not mine.

What I realize is that, in my Poetry *writing*, readable Asemic writing is what I'm interested in. *Readable Asemic* may be oxymoronic, but still, that's what I'm interested in.

I've always been interested in abstraction for authorial control to be one of a lack of control.

Because YOU matter to me. "I Love You."

Love scares many people. When I see poetry communities refuse to include my poems, it is purrrrrr-fectly logical--Love, while freely given, can rarely be pinned down. (Hence, it is Moi not I who I pin down for you...)

Oh, it took yeeeeeeaaaaarrrrrssss to get to What I Realize.

But my poems remain, non-erased, because Reader -- My Love for you is True.