Thursday, October 03, 2013

MOI AND THE GOTAN PROJECT

When I was in New York this past July, I had a brief (very brief) foray into Argentinian tango and so had my first immersion into the music of THE GOTAN PROJECT. While not the first time I heard their music, it was my first immersion and as I listened to their sounds, it felt very familiar. And I wondered at its familiarity ... but didn't ponder it much until this last couple of days while editing my forthcoming book. Immersing myself into the manuscript viz close-edits made me realize that I was attempting (hopefully achieved) in this new book a sensibility as I felt in the music of THE GOTAN PROJECT.

I guess I can suggest then, if you want a preview of my 2014 poetry collection, one way is to check out THE GOTAN PROJECT on YouTube.



My book, by the way, has a new (moithinks, finally FINAL) title:

REPRODUCTIONS OF THE LOST FLAG: STIGMATA SCULPTURES


I tangoed mucho with developing the title -- guess it had to be that way for these poems...

Labels: ,